Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd have been carrying out all types of electrical installations for homes, schools, commercial and industrial premises for over 50 years. We have been members of the NICEIC for 25 years. All our staff are fully trained to the current wiring regulations and have full DBS checks.
We are Health and Safety audited by Chas, Construction line and Acclaim and have Full Employers and public liability insurance trading Standards approved.
List of services include:
Domestic Electrical Services – Replacement Light fitting or 13amp socket to consumer unit change, complete rewires. Electrical supplies to garden sheds, garages, fish ponds or patio lighting or heating. External Lights, security lighting, smoke and heat detectors. Electrical condition reports for sale or purchase of a property or for letting.
Commercial & Schools – Call out Service, electrical repairs to lighting or power etc, replacement fuse Boards, new circuits or complete rewires or new builds. Sports hall lighting, tennis court lighting. Landlord reports, full electrical condition reports for schools and flats with common areas. Replacement lighting to common parts in flats to more modern, energy efficient LED lighting.
Industrial Electrical Contractors – call out service electrical repairs to lighting or power etc, replacement fuse boards, new circuits or complete rewires or new builds. Full electrical condition Reports for factories. Replacement Lighting to more modern, energy efficient LED lighting for factories and car parks.
Data Protection Officer
Under the regulation, Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd does not require a Data Protection Officer however, our senior data controller can be contacted on:
Tel: 01702 447800
The data that Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd will process on your behalf are as follows:
- First Name
- Last name
- Email Address
- Job role
- Company Name
- Telephone Number
- Opt in Preferences
- IP Address
- Bank Account details
- Technical Data
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
We will process your data securely under the following legal basis:
- We require a name, address, telephone number, email address for secure identification Whilst we are dealing with and processing your enquiry with us.
- We require contact details to arrange site visits and be able to remain in contact so that we can update you on current works.
- We could eventually need current Bank account details so that we are able to process payments for works and future works completed.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- We do not store or hold any ‘special’ or personal data such as driving license, passport, or national insurance number.
- We may ask to ‘view’ an item of ‘special’ personal data if being asked to hand over sensitive data and we are required to identify an authorised recipient to prevent a data breach
Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd will process personal data for a maximum of 7 years to coincide with HMRC and accounting records. Please see below a list of Data that can be held and its Retention length:
|Types of Data
|Letters of Request
||12 Years after Request & Permanent microfilmed Record
|Signed Forms of Nomination
||12 Years after Request & Permanent microfilmed Record
|Notification of Change of Address
|All contracts with: Customers, suppliers and agents
||10 yrs. After Expiry
|Any Other Agreement or contract
||10 yrs. After Expiry
|Contact details kept on personal files (e.g. card index, MS Outlook)
||Until it is apparent the person is no longer in the named location
|Personal Information of any sort on a webpage or site
||No longer than the period specifically agreed with the individual
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you will have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You do have the right to complain
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Specific Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information online
This privacy notice tells you how we, Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd, will collect and use your personal data from our secure contact form which is accessible from the website. The data that comes through from the online forms will be emailed over to our office email account and then stored on our management system Sage which is what we use for the website to monitor enquires. We store the information on Sage so that we can contact you with regards to any future works and business that you have with Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd. We can at any point remove the data if requested and all storage systems are secured using passwords, and only using authorised personnel. Please see the Links in the Table below as they will take you to the correct sites if you wish to find out more information
Why does Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
For us to provide you any level of service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How to opt out of Receiving Marketing communications
Our Downloadable eBooks
We have a lot of opportunities for people visiting our website to download eBooks which can provide further insight into our services and some handy tips. The form that you are asked to fill in to complete the download will have a checkbox at the bottom. You can tick this to opt in to Marketing emails, though leaving it unchecked is not the same as opting out (to opt out, see Opting Out instructions below). The checkbox is not compulsory, if you do not wish to tick the box then you will not receive marketing emails.
On the pages of our website you will see numerous contact /enquiry forms that can be filled in if you have further questions or if you would like to request a free site survey. As these are deemed legitimate interest, there is no need for a checkbox as any response from us will relate to the enquiry submitted.
Follow up Emails
If you have visited our website and submitted an enquiry, you will receive a follow up email as this will be deemed as a service update subscription. You will be signed up to this again based upon legitimate interest as these will be in response to previous enquiries.
All subscription based email correspondence that you receive from us has a link at the bottom to unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe at any time from all or just specific subscriptions using this link.
Will Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd during dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd.
How will Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely.
The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd accepts any of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Another form for ID which leaves no doubt of the data owner
Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd will not pass on your data to third parties without first obtaining consent.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed or stored by Gainsborough Electrical Services Ltd (or its third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority which is the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
Please send any initial complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact directly on Tel: 01702 611 058